MAJOR DAMAGE OF DEVICE:
General licensed (competitors product) requirements (per their own manual):
- Rope or cordoning off the area to keep people away
- Contact public health (radiological authorities) and emergency services provider for assistance
- Notify the manufacturer
Exempt license requirements (SAS-Hitech-Xpose)
Pick up unit and send it to Authorized Service Center or factory for repair (nothing more)
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP or DISPOSAL
General license (competitors) requirements:
The device is assigned to a specific location and cannot be assigned to another location without written notification to the radiation regulatory entity (State or Federal as applicable). If the device is given or transferred to another location, even if it is with the same agency (i.e. if PD Precinct 5 gives it to PD Precinct 6), a transfer of location must be filed by the user (licensee) prior to transfer. Failure to do so is subject to fine and reprimand.
Disposal of General Licensed unit:
The user MUST dispose of the device as Hazardous waste and transfer to a license disposal facility. This can be done, under US law by:
- Exporting the device in accordance with NRC regulations found in 10CFR§110
- Transfer to a Specific Licensee authorized to receive the device with supporting documentation.
- Transfer to another General Licensee under strict regulations found in 10CFR§31.5(c)(9) or equivalent Agreement State regulations.
Exempt license requirement (SAS-Hitech-Xpose)
- Remove label and throw away in regular garbage.
Or for transfer of ownership
- No restriction. It can be given it to whomever, whenever, wherever required. No paperwork/transfer licenses/authorizations required.